FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

What's That You Say?

Happy Wednesday!

Donna Phelan here hosting this week's Challenge!  Come join in all of the fun and play along!



Challenge
This week's Challenge is, 
What's That You Say? 
To use a sentiment as your focal point.
Remember if you do not follow the challenge, your entry will not qualify for the prize.  

  This Weeks Sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.com/
 

All the stamps and Fri-Dies are designed by Michele , and are based on her love for Clean And Simple design, hence the CAS in CAS-ual. However, they will delight any stamper's style! Whether you are a CAS enthusiast or a lover of Utterly Adorable Layers, you will have a blast getting inky with them. 
The stamps are made in the USA of the finest clear photopolymer, and the coordinating line of wafer thin dies are also made in the USA.


  2 Prizes
2 - $15 Gift Certificate each to the STORE
 
Here's my 1st card


I saw a beautiful card on Pinterest by Yoonsun Hur and wanted to try my hand at it I used the sentiment from Wonderful Words and the Lotus Flower image from Mon Ami with matching die Mon Ami Fleur.  To create my background I used a damp sponge paint brush and just painted on some Daffodil Delight ink, moving back and forth across my card stock.  Flower colored with Copic Markers, sentiment stamped in Black Licorice ink.  Crystal Drops in Dandelion Yellow and mini Adhesive Rhinestones for accents. 

My 2nd card



This card uses the Casual Comfort image and sentiments from Mon Ami and the Love Ya die.  I stamped my images in Pink Pirouette ink and centered my smaller sentiment.  Then lining up my Love Ya die I cut that from my stamped background, making sure I kept every little bit of die cut, positive and negative.  Then I cut the Love Ya die 4 more times from pale pink card stock. 




I adhered my background panel to a layer of pale pink card stock and then to my card stock base.  This makes it much easier to layer the die cut parts back into the negative space.  Make sure you layer the stamped cut last.





It adds a nice POP to the card.





A strip of Designer Paper and a few randomly (wink, wink) placed sequins for accents.

So let's see AND hear what your cards have to say!




RULES
  • Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
  • You must be a "Follower" Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar of this blog to be eligible to win
  • You may use any vendors products to be eligible to win
  • You must follow the challenge theme
  • Include a link back to this challenge page
  • You may enter our challenge 3 times (unique entries not variations of same card)
  • You may enter as many challenges as you like
  • Challenge ends on following Tuesday at 12 noon EST 

INFO

  • Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
  • Winners of prizes will be selected using a random generator.
  • Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)

If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry if you any of the sponsor's image/product. Instructions are HERE.

Upload your image by clicking the BLUE Add Your Link button. Scroll down below all the entries to find it.


14 comments:

  1. What's that you say, is a great challenge! Both cards are over the top. I really love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Great new Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge, you should have a lot of takers on this one. Your cards are gorgeous, love them both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to find the 'BLUE Add Your Link' button.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think something has happened to your link up button (there is no button below the images and an error message displayed.

    Thanks
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so strange. I see it and when I click it works. Will you try to refresh your browser and let me know? I'll check back in the AM (EST)

      Delete
  6. Not working for me either, there's a message saying "This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here" and when you click on it, it takes you back to the post which has the same message - it's like going round and round in circles. Joyce, you can probably see it OK because you are logged in as admin, can you try looking at it on the computer of somebody who isn't an admin so you can see what we are seeing?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I've tried looking at it in Internet Explorer, Safari and Microsoft Edge and it's the same in all three so it isn't a browser issue.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! No idea. I had gotten the code again which showed the thumbnails. The code looked ok but I just got it again from inlinkz and repasted. I also logged out and I can see it. Do you see it now?

      Delete
    3. Yes, it's working now - the code must have got corrupted the first time you did it.

      Delete
  7. I also am having the same problem.....making it impossible to make comments....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping all was good. Works fine here. I just wrote inlinkz again. I hope she works weekends

      Delete
    2. Phew! Back in business! Thanks so much, Joyce! You're the BEST!!!

      Delete